Here are some online resources to help you become familiar with the Kindergarten Program and to support your child’s learning at home:
- You can access the Full Day Kindergarten Curriculum document online at https://www.ontario.ca/document/kindergarten-program-2016.
- To learn more about play based learning and early immersion in the OCSB Kindergarten program, please visit http://ocsb.ca/kindergarten/.
- To read the latest research on full day Kindergarten and for more information please visit: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/kindergarten/index.html (scroll to the bottom of the page for information in other languages.)
- Question and Answer Guide for Parents from the Ontario Ministry of Education: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/multi/english/FDKFactSheetEN.pdf
- For more information about Social Emotional Learning at the Ottawa Catholic School Board and some of the self- regulation techniques we use in our Kindergarten classrooms, click here.
- To learn more about the OCSB "Be Community, Be Well, Be Innovative" initiative in the Kindergarten classroom, click here.
- To learn more about Self-Regulation in Kindergarten, click here.
- To read about our Outdoor Learning program, click here.
- For more information about our students with Autism Spectrum Disorder click here. The password is ASDteacher